Smart Payments Forum (SPF)
The SPF is designed for individuals and organisations that share an interest in the emerging new world of commercial, micro, e- and m-payments. This is a pivotal time in the overall payments evolution, with a huge number of challenges and barriers to national adoption and usage, and in general a great lack of uniformity or standardisation. We encourage you to become part of this Forum, in order to learn about what’s happening and also to network with others affected by the ways by which small and large payments will be made in future – particularly over the internet and through the medium of mobile devices. Quarterly meetings will combine news, education, networking and sharing of experiences, as always within the friendly and convivial Smartex meeting style that has proved so successful since 1993.
SPF (SMART PAYMENTS FORUM)
This Forum meets quarterly. Meeting subjects are selected by its Steering Group. Amongst the topics and activities that we are likely to be addressing are:
- Data protection and the various e-money regulations, and the likely impact of PSD3
- The impact of mPoS
- The coming invisibility of payments
- The role of loyalty schemes
- The impact of GDPR
- New innovations in consumer payments
- Alternative and disruptive payments
- Biometrics are coming to payments: how and when? The impact of this on the PoS
- The impact of challenger banks and the future of the schemes
- The effects of cEMV and its use for everyday applications such as public transport
- Mobile wallets: ubiquity, universality or fragmented competition?
- New stakeholders in the payments game: Amazon and other strategies
- Is Blockchain the answer for smart payments?
- AI is becoming an essential bank tool. How will it be introduced and under what standards?
- What is Pay by Bank and how does it work?
- Is Banking as a Service going to be important, and how?
- Developments in Central & Local Government banking and payments
- Card personalisation and issuance in a mobile world
- Security, authentication and fraud: new types of hacks and new anti-hacking solutions
- Payment acceptance terminals: types and future
Meeting Agendas and Dates
- For 2019 meeting dates and agendas click here.
Smartex Forums are membership-based with an in-advance membership fee structure designed to suit the entire range of interests in smart technology, biometrics, smart payments, prepaid, RFID tags, M2M and NFC, and to accommodate differing time and budgetary resources.
Comprehensive information about member services and benefits, and about Forum subjects and plans for the next year are provided in the 11 sub-sections listed below. These include details of how to join, and a membership application form.
If you have any questions or comments about membership, please don’t hesitate to contact the Smartex office on +44(0)1440 712610, or at email@example.com, and we will do our best to help you.
Members have access to restricted content.
To access presentations from past meetings of our forums, click on the links below:
International Biometrics Forum – coming soon
Delegates have access to presentations from the latest Smartex meeting.